Smart Start Checking is perfect for our customers who are going away to college.
Our newest account, Smart Start Checking, is designed for students and young adults ages 16-24. With reduced ATM charges, there is no longer a need to open an account with the bank on campus just to use the ATM. You can also have a parent or guardian back home with access to your account and the ability to deposit funds conveniently, quickly, and safely.
Come in and open your account today!
- No monthly maintenance fee
- Debit card with reduced ATM charges
- Access to Internet Banking
- Access to Mobile Banking with Mobile Deposit
- A minimum of $50.00 to open the account
- A charge of $30.00 will be applied if the account is closed within 6 months of opening
- Students and young adults ages 16-24
- Applicants under 18 will require a joint account with parent/guardian
- Smart Start Checking account will convert to MSB Choice Checking once qualifying account owner reaches age 25
An IRA is still a great way to save for retirement!
Many people can still deduct the full amount of their IRA contributions for income tax purposes. Even if you can’t take the deduction, the interest you earn is tax-deferred until you withdraw your money at retirement.